Randstad is committed to ensure the protection of Personal Data disclosed to it and to handle and secure them with the utmost care, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the law 4624/2019.
Randstad has its registered premises in Athens, at the address 2 Mesogeion Av. & Sinopis str., Athens Tower, Building A, Athens, 11527, hereby referred to as “Randstad” or “Company” and shall process your personal data (which are hereby referred to in this Policy as “information”) for the purposes described below. Randstad processes personal data for its own (therefore acts as “data controller”) within the meaning of the applicable European and Greek data protection laws.
This policy explains who we are, for which purposes we may use your personal data, how we handle them, to whom we may disclose them, where they may be transferred or to whom they are accessible, as well as what are your rights regarding the above-mentioned collection and processing.
whose personal data we collect?
We collect personal data from:
visitors and users of our website
When you visit our website, we collect information regarding your device’s type, your browser and how you use our website. This information helps us to improve our website so that it is easier to use, and we provide you with the best possible service.
For more information regarding what personal data we process, why we process them, who we share your information with, and how long we keep your information, see below point 1.
applicants, job candidates
We collect and process your personal data for the execution of our services, including our involvement, temporary employment, selection and recruitment, personal development and employability, consulting career and outplacement, staff planning and payroll management.
For more information regarding what personal data we process, why we process them, who we share your information with, and how long we keep your information, see below point 2.
We process personal data of people that work at companies we cooperate with in order to (1) make proposals and / or provide information regarding our services and other activities, (2) maintain a business relationship and (3) conclude and maintain a contract of assignment.
For more information regarding what personal data we process, why we process them, who we share your information with, and how long we keep your information, see below point 3.
when we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you:
- Visit our website;
- Insert your data on our website;
- Create an account on our website;
- Log in or you are already
- registered with a different way so that you can use our services, or we provide you with a service.
When we have not received your personal data directly from you:
- Via social media, only when we have a legitimate reason to consider that you may be interested in employment. In such a case, we will contact you whether you are interested in subscribing to our services, or whether you are interested in using them in any other way;
- When we receive your personal data from people that you have indicated us;
- When we received them from clients you work or have worked with, who have shared your personal data with us lawfully or who has subscribed to our services, whether this is part of or results from our agreement;
will my information be disclosed to third parties?
Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties for the following purposes, such as:
(a) Internally: managers and other members of the staff on condition that they know them, as well as members of affiliates and partners of Randstad Group, when necessary for management and administrative purposes within the Group.
(B) To third parties, such as the following:
- Payroll providers, persons working with the Company to ensure the fulfillment of its obligations or for its good operation, such as accountants, auditors, courier services, Hellenic postal service etc.;
- Public services and authorities, supervisory, administrative, tax, judicial, prosecutorial and investigative authorities, provided that the transfer or disclosure of data is required by law or by a judicial decision;
- Third party service providers, engaged by the Company to support the day-to-day activity and to ensure the proper and quality provision of services, such as IT service providers responsible for supporting and maintaining electronic systems and platforms, providers ensuring the security of our systems;
- Companies who are responsible for the storage of either physical or digital records and contracts, retention, filing, management and destruction of files and data;
Insurance companies, funds and healthcare institutions who collaborate with us to provide you with products and services upon your request;
- Marketing and advertisement companies, marketing campaigns, conduct of market surveys and analysis of the satisfaction on our provided services. Usually we transfer aggregated or anonymized data.
Where the third party is the data processor on behalf of the Company, we require that the providers are contractually bound to us and that they guarantee the same level or protection.
Where the third-party acts as an independent data controller, the obligations deriving from the General Data Protection Regulation apply.
The exchange of personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable law on the basis of legitimate interest, consent, legal obligation and / or performance of the contract for the purposes set out in the sections "Why do we collect your personal data?"
will we Transfer your Data outside the EEA?
In case that the data processing is assigned to third parties and / or the data are transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), the Company ensures that adequate safeguards are provided for the protection of the personal data and that the appropriate technical and organizational measures in terms of expert knowledge, reliability and resources are applied, so that the processing is lawful and that the protection of data subjects’ rights is ensured, as well as a level of security appropriate to the risk.
We may need to transfer your information by this way in order to perform our contract with you, to fulfill a legal obligation, to protect the public interest and / or for our legitimate interests. In certain countries the law may oblige us to disclose certain information, such as with the tax authorities.
what are my rights?
You can, at any time, request:
- Access to your personal data, that we retain and process, and obtain a copy thereof;
- The correction of incorrect/inaccurate information and the completion of incomplete information;
- The deletion of your personal data or the minimization of their processing to the extent that this is permitted;
- The portability of the data that concern you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and their transfer to another data controller;
- The objection to the processing of your personal data, including the automated decisions making (to the extent this is applicable);
- To not be subject to solely automated decision making, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning or affecting them substantially in a similar way.
If you have subscribed to receive information about new services, updates or other messages, you can request to unsubscribe by clicking unsubscribe in the email you received if you no longer wish to receive relevant information, updates and messages from us.
You can exercise your rights by communicating with us and using the information mentioned in the section “If There Is Something More You Wish to Know” below. You also have the right to file a complaint to the data protection officer in the country that you reside or are employed.
We handle your requests with the utmost attention in order to ensure that your rights are protected. In case there are doubts regarding the identity of the applicant, we may request your identity information in order to confirm that we are not disclosing your personal information to someone else.
You should know that, in certain cases (for example, due to legal obligations) we may not be able to process your request immediately and the due date may be extended for sixty days upon request. However, in any case, we inform you on the progress of your request, within one month after the submission of your initial request.
You have the right to lodge a grievance / complaint to Ioanna Charalampidou, who is the Data Protection Officer of Randstad.
If your requests do not meet the requirements provided by the law, Randstad reserves the right, either: (a) to impose the payment of a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative fees for providing the information, the announcement or the execution of the requested action, or (b) to deny your request.
If your request was not satisfied, we inform you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority at the following website www.dpa.gr.
In the event of any violation of your personal data, which may highly endanger your rights and freedoms, and provided it does not fall under one of the exceptions expressly provided by law, Randstad undertakes the obligation to inform you accordingly without undue delay.
how do we keep your information secure?
Randstad ensures the fair and appropriate protection and confidentiality of personal data in order to prevent inter alia any unauthorized access or use of such data and through the equipment used to process it. In order to ensure privacy and the physical and logical security of data, Randstad shall implement appropriate internal policies and shall take all appropriate organizational, technical, physical, electronic and procedural security measures as well as technological standards in accordance with the applicable framework. Besides, it ensures that the processing of personal data is carried out solely by its authorized staff for this purpose, bound by strict obligations to respect their confidentiality.
Read here for more information regarding what personal data that we process, who we share them with, and how long we keep this information depending on the data subject category in which you belong.
point 1: visitors and users of our website
what personal data do we collect from you?
Categories of Personal Data we collect, are (1) Cookies and (2) your information that you provide us with when you complete a form or apply for a job position or subscribe to any of our services and create an account .
Examples (which are indicative):
- Date and time of access.
- Source of your connection directly on our website.
operating system you are using.
- The parts of the website you have visited.
- The webpages of the website you visit.
- Information about your device.
- The content that you send or download of the website.
Purpose of Collection and Processing:
- To see how visitors use our website
- To improve our website and make it user friendly
- To provide you with the best possible service
(2) your information that you provide us with when you complete a form or apply for a job position or subscribe to any of our services and create an account.
Examples (which are indicative):
- Contact Number
Purpose of Collection and Processing
- we can answer to questions, tips, feedbacks, applications or requests when you have completed a form or you have provided us with information.
- we can provide you with information about our services and other activities and we can tailor them to your requirements and needs.
- to contact you about offers, events and other information you may be interested in.
- we can send you newsletters or job alerts via emails, if you have been subscribed for that (opt-in).
- to process or reply to your comments or complaints so that we improve our services and our resources, or we provide you with better services.
Performance of Contract or pre-contractual stage.
For more information see at our Cookies Policy.
how long do you keep my information?
We keep your personal data as long as it is necessary according to the purpose for which we have collected them. We specify the required retention period under the laws and regulations and any risk claims, while our principle is that we do not retain data for longer than necessary.
point 2: applicants, job candidates
what personal data do we collect from you?
Personal Data we collect, with examples (which are indicative):
- Personal Information, such as, name, surname, title, date of birth.
- Contact Information, such as, landline number, mobile number, email address, residence address.
- Information about your experience and your skills, such as, employment history, academic / educational history, copies of degrees, professional certifications.
- Information regarding recruitment, such as: work permit when necessary, recommendation letters, information included in CV, cover letter or as a part of the submission of application, such as photo of the applicant, information during your recruitment process.
- Information that you provide us with when you apply for a job position, such as:
Information that you provide us through third party job placement platform, such as LinkedIn. Information that you provide us when you apply for a job position directly on our website (such as the access password of the account that the applicant shall create as a step of the application process.
Information that you provide us in person during the interview, including the interview via phone, services of videocall or any other means.
- Information that you provide us with during the completion of questionnaire or evaluation test, such as, information about your performance and your answers to potential aptitude tests, job simulation and psychometric evaluations and assessments.
Please do not disclose your sensitive personal data, such as data regarding your ethnic or racial origin, data about your political views. If you disclose sensitive personal data to us, we will delete them immediately.
why do you need my information?
Decision on entering into an employment contract due to pre- contractual necessity
Data Processing Activities
- filling a specific job at Randstad or in the context of permanent or temporary staffing service
- providing consulting support in the context of outplacement, Assessment Centers and Outsourcing services
- creation of your profile based on criteria that we have explicitly defined or formally formulate in relation to the specific job for which you are applying (however, no decisions are made solely on the basis of automated processing)
- completion of the interview and recruitment process
how long do you keep my information?
We keep all personal data categories for which you provide us with your data without entering into an employment contract with us for two (2) years.
In case we do not need to keep your information for the above-mentioned retention period, we may destroy, delete, or anonymize it earlier.
point 3: business relations
what information do we collect?
- name and surname
- contact details
- the details of the company where
- you work or which you represent
why do we collect your information?
(1) Legal Base: Performance of contract
Data Processing Activities:
- to give you and / or your colleagues access to the portal and plan your account management
- for reporting purposes (for example to give to the right person the right report)
- to process or respond to your feedback or complaints to improve our services and resources or to serve you better
- to be able to invoice you
(2) Legal Base:Consent
Data Processing Activities:
- to make you offers, offer business gifts to you and provide you with information regarding our services and activities
- to contact you for commercial deals, press releases, events and marketing offers, which you may interested in and only in case you have subscribe for that (opt-in)
how long do you keep my personal data?
The retention periods that we use depend on the relevance of the data for the retention or recording of our relation and the other purposes stated above, the applicable legal retention periods, any claims or other obligations. Your personal data is not stored for longer than necessary.
if there is something more you wish to know…
In case you have further question on this Policy or a question regarding the privacy of your information, or if you wish to exercise your rights, please contact Ioanna Charalampidou, Data Protection Officer, using the following contact details: address: 2 Mesogeion Av. & Sinopis str., Athens Tower, Building A, Athens, 11526, telephone no: +302166001315, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.