The position of the Procurement Manager includes a variety of responsibilities, such as, negotiation of the best price points, execution of the most efficient sourcing strategies, development of successful partnerships and implementation of risk management. More specifically:
● Releasing a competitive bid process (RFI/RFP/RFQ) and evaluating responses.
● Negotiating contracts to tight deadlines, minimizing business risk and maximizing commercial benefit for the company through scale and relationships
● Work closely with the technical department to define technical requirements and specifications,to align delivery schedules, quality controls and warranty provisions with overall project
● Lead and manage purchasing operations, policies and procedures for the procurement of components for Wind, Solar PV and Battery Storage projects
● Supports the contract management process by routing technical, economic, legal control, and signing contracts (confidentiality agreement, etc.) in collaboration with the relevant departments of the company.
● Conducts market research, cost and quality analysis, and presents findings in a way that facilitates decision-making by the relevant parties.
● Be in charge of overseeing insurance policies and collaborating with insurance brokers. This includes managing insurance bids and requirements, processing insurance certificates and liens,maintaining records and files, and ensuring timely policy renewals and creating reports as necessary.
● Building and nurturing partnerships with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and essential equipment suppliers. Actively seeking out new sources and vendors, monitoring industry trends, and keeping up with technological advancements and product developments.